Saturday 13 February 2016

Este Couture presents Nitin Katikeya and Amrapali Jewels

I recently went to an exhibition held by Este Couture, a boutique which carry several Indian and Pakistani labels, selling both formals and bridals for those who want something a little different. The exhibition was being held for Indian designer Nitin Kartikeya, who was showcasing his lately collection which features both Indian and fusion designs.

Nitin Kartikeya recently debuted at Amazon India Fashion Week last year, so I was interested to see what was on offer and the details in his outfits.


I thought some of the dresses had some really interest cuts and designs to them, I thought these made great party dresses for more Western functions or events such as receptions or English weddings or even something for younger girls like the prom or graduation parties.


There was also a beautiful collection of formal tops which could be worn alone, with trousers or with jeans but which were beautifully embellished. I spoke to the designer himself for a little while and he said these were his favourite pieces too because of the beautiful level of detail on each one!


You can see the various embellishment techniques and materials used in the outfits below - french knots, beading, metal work, pearls and net overlay, which looked lovely together.


I also liked these lovely maxi dresses by the designer, which I though would appeal to a lot of potential buyers because of the beautiful skirts and the embellished bodices, which were very wearable (sorry about the terrible picture quality below!)


I thought this was a really interesting collection, which was great to see fresh off the catwalk. I also really liked the fact that these outfits are accessible for those of us in the UK - often we see outfits on the catwalk which we can't always buy!


I was also really glad to see Amparali Jewellery being showcased and which were available to buy, especially as the only place for sale I have seen them are on Pernia's Pop-up Shop, so it was nice to see them up close and to appreciate how beautiful they were.


\These are a few of my favourite pieces from the exhibition, all of which make ideal statetment pieces. Although they weren't cheap, they were each beautifully made and very different from a lot of the jewellery I've seen on the high street!




I thought these were all gorgeous pieces, which would really glam up any outfit, and I loved the details behind each piece. I really wanted to buy a bangle or bracelet but ended up not getting anything, partly because it was a bit above my price range and partly because I was waiting for payday! The good thing about Este Couture is that they're fairly local to Londoners, so I can easily go to their store and browse for more things if I want them.

It was a fun experience at the exhibition, and I was glad to speak to Nitin Kartikey about his excitement over his collection, which was really great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment