Saturday 23 May 2015

My Online Shopping Experience: Karma Atelier

I've been in love with Pakistani designers Karma for a good few years now, their colourful designs, and their gorgeous designs, so I thought a formal from them would be amazing when a close family wedding came on the horizon.

I've read good reviews before on this forum, and a few people I know have ordered from Karma before, so I was pretty optimistic about placing an order.

I had emailed Karma a couple of times before when making bridal enquiries when doing my wedding preps, so I emailed one of the staff Huma again, who was really helpful in answering questions as before, and explained the ordering process to me.

This is the design I opted for, from an older collection in 2011, but which is still pretty popular. It's called Summer Mehndi, and is a really pretty, girly outfit, with jamawar printed fabric, which I was quoted 65,000 rupees for (but which I reduced the kaam for slightly and also opting for plain silk pants instead of a worked skirt). I didn't want a custom-made outfit as this would cost too much, and I wanted something which looked more classic and worked for a lot of events.


The email process itself didn't take long, mainly because I left the rest of the outfit up to the designers, and waited for it to be made. I gave my measurements from a size chart which was emailed to me, some colour samples, and eventually paid for the outfit via Western Union.

The good thing about Karma is that they are willing to mix and match their designs - you can take colours or designs you like from other outfits to create something you like. I have a friend who is currently ordering her bridals from Karma who said the same thing, she took bits from different outfits to create a slightly altered design more to her liking.

I received a preview of the outfit before it was sent out to me, and loved the colours mixed together. The original design in blue and green were a little bright for me, so I went for a cream colour with pink and teal piping, for a softer look.


I can say, after receiving the outfit, that pictures really don't do justice to the quality of this outfit. The work on this outfit is sublime - it's intricate, detailed and quite defined, with lots of dabka (metal) work, kundan stones and tiny beading.

The is the outfit when I received it, which was packed neatly in a suit-bag, which looked much lovelier in person. I love the feel of the fabric, which is a thick printed silk and is lined inside on both sides.



The shape of this kameez is extremely flattering, with it's slight flare at the bottom, and the hem sits wonderfully. And unlike a lot of my other designer outfits, it actually has a zip! The pants were also made of a really good quality silk material, which I loved, and even the dupatta had really lovely piping.




All in all I'm really happy with my outfit, and the fact that it looks much nicer in person that I thought. While the outfit wasn't cheap, I can see the quality of the work, and it's lovely to finally have a Karma outfit  which looks quite classic and very flattering.

I'll be wearing this soon so I'll be sure to show how I styled it - I already have several ideas to make the piping colours pop, and I can imagine it with a bright pink lipstick already!

No comments:

Post a Comment