Sunday 8 March 2015

Things I've been doing: February Edition

I'm a bit late with this, but thought I'd post it anyway, since it's only the beginning of March! I thought I'd do a quick catch-up post about what I've been up to, I'm starting to get out of winter hibernation mode and into spring mode right now (I just spent half this weekend soaking up the weak sun in the garden, making the most of it!)

Went to Choccywoccydoodah
My friend and I decided to treat ourselves for no reason other than we are both chocoholics, to a visit to the wonderful Choccywoccydoodah. You can see more pictures here, but it was an amazing visit to see some seriously beautiful cakes with a lot of detail. Brides-to-be, here's a place to go for inspiration for cakes - I doubt they're cheap, but there's some seriously beautiful floral cakes at the moment that I wouldn't have minded having for my wedding!



Bought some scarves and lipsticks
I've posted before about my latest haul, and I've manage to use most of the things I bought, my favourites being the scarves and the NYX lipsticks. I'm putting a hold on anything new at the moment, and looking at re-inventing styles using the things I already have (and saving up for other things for a few weeks or so!)


Met Dian Pelangi
I hopped along to a hijab styling workshop by reknowned Indonesian designer Dian Pelangi, whose designs I've followed for a while. I love how hijab friendly her designs are, and this workshop was a lovely opportunity to meet fellow bloggers, photographers and stylists, who gave a lot of advice and input into blogging and fashion.


Went to a birthday party for my niece, who turned two.
It wasn't an extravagant affair, but was full of fun, partly because of all the happy toddlers and good company, and partly because of all the beautiful decoration, cake, cupcakes and food made by the birthday girl's parents.



Celebrated World Hijab Day (well, kind of). 
I didn't do anything as such, but I did love the beautiful messages and contributions from hijabis and non-hijabis all over - I loved the fact that there were non-Muslims out there willing to try hijab in various countries to see what it was like. Overall, it was overwhelmingly positive and sweet - and a really lovely thing to see.


Went to the Brits Awards
My husband was lucky enough to be taken to the Brits Awards at the end of February by his company, guess who got to be plus one? I don't follow musicians as much as I used to, but it was great to see a lot of big names, and the atmosphere was pretty electric, making for a fun night out.


I've had a pretty eventful month, but with the warmer months coming up, I'm hoping for more (good!) stuff to happen - Mr Curly Fries and I have been talking about holidays, new places to visit, cooking and new things to try.

On another note, it's International Women's Day today, another day to celebrate! Although on that note, I'd like to emphasise that I'm all for women equality, and less for men-bashing - although I can certainly see a change in Asian women's position in today's society changing compared to the last few decades!

I'm off to watch some old movies and eat junk for now, but I'll be posting something soon enough!

Happy weekendings all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment