Monday 26 January 2015

East Shopping Centre comes to Green Street!

I happened to go to Green Street today (part work reasons, part grocery shopping, part me being nosey about the latest outfits in the shops!) and was surprised to see that a new shopping mall has arrived in the middle of Green Street, called the East Shopping Centre.

It was actually a bit of a shock to me, because I wasn't aware it was open (I had heard that there was a mall opening soon but didn't realise it was this soon) and didn't realise the scale of the mall. Of course, I took the opportunity to stroll around and look at all the shiny new shops, and loved the range of clothes shops, shoe shops, food places and dessert place I saw!

It was lovely to see a lot of bridal shops, event planning and modest-wear shops in one place, which I think will all be pretty popular for shoppers and brides to be. I was quite excited to see Aab, a hijab and abayah store which I've only seen online up til now (although the store wasn't open yet), and a few other hijab and abayah shops which I wanted to check out.

While this isn't quite the Asian equivalent of Westfield yet, I think this is a nice change from the usual shops I've seen, and I'll be popping in again to see more of the shops when they arrive.

Have you been here yet? What do you think of it?

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment