Tuesday 20 January 2015

Colour of 2015: Marsala

Colour experts, Pantone recently announced the colour of 2015 - Marsala, inspired by the earthy red colour of Marsala wine.

I love how this makes a change from the vibrant colours of the last few years, last year Radiant Orchid was the colour of 2014, the year before that was Emerald, and who can forget Oranges entering our wardrobe palettes only two years before?


I've seen this colour already trending in fashion, beauty and and accessories, and to be honest, it actually is a colour that does appeals to me. I've seen a lot of bloggers and critics who have expressed some doubts on whether this is a wearable colour, and whether it will suit everyone, but I think it is a tone which can actually be worn and gives an elegant style. I'm a big fan of dark reds, maroons and wine shades, and although Marsala is looking to be more earthier and duller in tone, there's room for interpretation and it's a flattering tone on a lot of people (in my opinion).

Below are just a few examples I've seen of this colour in the last month, I've noticed this colour become popular due to the wintry season, dark, vampy lips, red nails and dramatic dark red party dresses have all become quite trendy - I've even picked up a few darker red lipsticks and dresses myself!


I'm curious to see whether this colour will filter into Pakistani and Indian fashion this year, I can imagine that it will become a popular colour with fusion designers and designers who are based in the West. I'll reserve my judgement til I see more, but I have high hopes!

What do you think of this colour? Can you see yourself wearing it this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment