Wednesday 11 December 2013

BRIDE COUTURE: Ali Xeshan's Royal Wedding Shoot

I loved this photoshoot by Ather Shahzad for designer Ali Xeshan's bridal collection, in which he re-created a 'Royal Wedding' in olden-style Lahore, which reads like a storybook (with titles like 'Bride with Family', 'The Royal Wedding at Lahore Fort' and lastly, 'The Rukhsati').

I love, love, love the traditional style of the outfits here, they're luxurious, beautifully embellished and have a overtones of Mughal and classical (not to mention royal!) influences here. I also love the mix of colour and layering of beautiful clothes with beautiful jewellery - which seems to be a signature theme of Xeshan's outfits.

And I have to say, I also love the men's outfits (but I can't say that I know many men who would be willing to get this dressed up for their wedding!)




 


 

All images taken from here

1 comment: