Thursday 16 May 2013

Bollywood Stars at the 66th Cannes Film Festival, 2013: Sonam Kapoor

With the premiere of the anticipated Great Gatsby to look forward to, Bollywood Stars Amitabh Bachchan, Sonam Kapoor, Vidya Balan and Freida Pinto (not a Bollywood actress, but still!) all made a splash at the Cannes Film Festival, particularly as the girls have been wearing various designer outfits at the premieres, both traditional and Western.

There has been a lot of coverage already about what the stars have been wearing, so I won't go into too much detail!

First up is style ambassador Sonam Kapoor, wearing a lovely cream and gold sari by Anamika Khanna, (and apparently accessorised with Jimmy Choos and Sunita Kapoor jewels!). I think the nose ring, the flicked eye-liner and dark lips gave a slightly punky-rock chick look, but Sonam looks quite good with it and pulls it off, particularly with the embellished shoulder-pads of her blouse!




The next outfit I really liked was was this pretty in pink number by Elie Saab, whose dresses I'm a big fan of. Sonam wore this to the Cannes Opening Gala dinner, and kept this quite sleek and simple, straight hair, and accessorised with just a clutch and pink heels - girly but very pretty. I think this made a very different look to the cream Anamika Khanna sari, (and slightly too pinky for my liking) but it allows Sonam to showcase her style quite well.


Lastly is this sweeping number by Dolce & Gabbana, which Sonam looks great in with her signature wavy hair and a great smile! I'm not keen on big flowers on dresses, but I think it suits the dress, and Sonam's figure looks great with the dress.
I really like the last picture of her posting with Freida Pinto, I have no idea if they are just messing around but it's a really cute picture of them both, and shows a nice friendship between the two.


Images from here and here

There are more outfits worn by Sonam Kapoor for various events and premieres at the Cannes, which you can see here, but I'll hopefully post pictures of the other stars soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment