Tuesday 15 November 2011

GLAMOROUS ACCESSORIES: Hand Cuffs as seen on Nicole Scherzinger

Nicole Scherzinger wore this pretty hand cuff (or hand bracelet) on one of the X Factor USA shows recently, and I thought it was an interesting idea for jewellery: a hand cuffs for your palm, rather than the usual traditional bracelets. The one Nicole has is made from diamonds in a pretty feathery shape, and looks quite dainty. Designed and created by sisters Katia and Sonia Gaydamak with their company Kabiri for their new collection Privee Jewellery, it is apparently a way to wear diamonds differently. Although this is actually not a new idea, having been drawn on from history such as the Mughal era, it's still a unique way of wearing jewellery which I've certainly not seen in fashion trends before.


The company currently is selling a similar design to the public which also has diamond stones and a delicate filigree design - although like Nicole's version, it doesn't come cheap, selling at over £8,000 (Nicole's version sells for £11,000 as well).

 Jewellery images belong to Privee Jewellery collection

I'm not sure how popular this idea will be though, some have argued that it is easier and more sensible to wear a ring to create the same effect, and others have said that the hand-cuff just looks like a large knuckle-duster. I'm also not sure how quickly this trend will catch on; although some celebrities have already been seen wearing it, I can't really see this entering mainstream fashion in the same way  (and the cost doesn't help!) as I'm not sure whether it is the sort of thing which people may find practical. Either way, it's still an interesting way to bring some sparkle to your look :)

3 comments:

  1. Look at http:www.miss-viss.com - similar unique and affordable pieces

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the detailed story. It answers some questions for me. A few weeks ago I first saw this "bracelet" on Kelly Clarkson video "Stronger." It inspired me to try a create something like it and it also prodded me to ask what was the historical reference for the adornment. I also appreciate the information about the designers (Katia and Sonia Gaydamak)of the bracelet worn by both Kelly and Nicole. If you would like to take a look a what Katia and Sonia inspired in me pleas take a look http://spiritdanceadornments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sell them (hand cuffs) Erika's Kloset ...

    ReplyDelete