Tuesday 12 July 2011

KAPRAY SHAPRAY: Tea Pink and Gold Sharara by Kiran Khan

This tea pink sharara with gold kameez top by Kiran Khan is a design which was showcased in the Asiana Bridal Show last year, and what I love about this design is the shimmering colours and the rich fabrics. The pearl strands on the neck and sleeves add a glam factor to it which really makes this design quite feminine, while the splash of mint/pistaschio green from the dupatta and the border hem of the sharara completes the look due to being from a similar pale colour palate. What really appeals to me about this dress is also how it harks back to the '50s 'Pakeezah' era in such a simple way, the outfit itself is not overloaded with detail and the colours themselves are quite flattering. And I do like that embellished mirror in the model's hand as well :)

Image Source

3 comments:

  1. I like the soft colours but especially the pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was what I liked the best as well, it really makes the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought little lady a dress up outfit with a similar effect - a navy velvet tudor style dress with a hoop under it - not really like the picture above, but it has layers of pearls dripping from it which really caught my eye. Of course she'll be wearing it to school tomorrow, obviously with the matching tiara.

    ReplyDelete