Wednesday 6 July 2011

Dolls of India - Costumed Dolls

I adore this collection of miniature dolls created by Dolls of India for people to buy, I'm assuming some of these are meant to be wedding toppers for wedding cakes, (although not all of them, the others are most likely just decorative ornaments and dolls) but they all  just look amazing! The details in these dolls are pretty good, and I really like how they have tried to capture the different strands of India, such as the Bengali, Punjabi, Gujarati, Tamil and even Kashmiri (at the bottom) and their different styles of dresses. They could be seen as a little stereotpical, but I really don't think there's any intentional harm in these, and they really do look great. My favourite has to be the first two, because they appeal to my Punjabi side, and they really do make me chuckle. Which one do you like most?

Image Source

1 comment:

  1. Wow they are looking awesome and also the cost is very handsome and in my opinion dolls are the most precious things for baby girls, actually they are just like friends for them.

    ReplyDelete